“Need assistance with styling and creative direction on a look for your next photo shoot, music video or commercial?”
The role of a Stylist is often part of the larger creative team assembled by the client. Collaboration with a Fashion Designer, Photographer, Director, hair and makeup, to put together a particular ‘ LOOK’ for the concept & brief that has been created.
The job of the Stylist on location for a photo shoot is to provide the photographer an extra set of eyes, ears and hands leaving the photographer to stay behind the camera, as well as creating a Fantastic look!
Here are some of the crucial things a Stylist should take care of on location:
- Source fashion items and props for photographic shoots or film/tv personalities, or product placement in fashion magazines/media.
- Advise on photographic approaches and the selection of locations, props, clothing, models, makeup artists, photographers, hair stylists and the overall look for photo shoots.
- Advise and direct the photography of items and clothing selected for promotion.
- Liaise with fashion designers, retailers, the media, models/model agencies, photographers, makeup artists, hairdressers, beauty therapists, personal trainers and the media.
- Modelling advice, how to pose, when to look natural and how to create different looks.
- Making sure the client is placed in the most flattering body positions.
- Removing any obstructing/distracting objects in your photo foreground and background.
- Attend to wardrobe, iron/steam clothing if required, check buttons and zippers are done correctly, ect…
- Attend to hair and make-up, making sure that everything is in its place.
Styled by Jade has worked on various Fashion Shoots, with many of the images used in print.
Please click here, to view a range of images.
* Image featuring Styled by Jade directing and styling a fashion shoot, for a New York fashion show campaign.